[Kartbuilding] Fwd: your mail

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:49:55 IST 2006

Hi,

Initially I wouldnt think its a great idea.
In order to weld aluminium - you need special "welding rods" for aluminium
- so you'd have to go and buy these - which are pricey enough.
Also - believe it or not - its much more difficult to weld aluminium.

Also - it would depend on whether you got the "correct" aluminum tubing to
weld. Modern aluminium tubing is a much stronger alloy and cannot be
welded with a simple butane-propane torch.

By all means - give it a go and test. You can test the strength of it
also. If you were making a light kart which would get NO bumps or crashes
- then it may be successful.