[Kartbuilding] Fwd: query

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:33:11 IST 2006

Hi,
15 teeth on the engine and 60 on the rear axle = a gear down ratio of 1:4
So find out on the internet etc. the rpm of your engine. (typicallty 3000)
Divide the rpm by 4. (= 750 at rear axle.)

There is a page on my website for calculating the speed of a kart
using the above ratio.

It all depends on what size your rear wheels are. The bigger the wheel
the faster you go, but the less acceleration.
Best of Luck
-steve