[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Kart Building

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:39:04 IST 2006

Hi,

The best and easiest clutch to get is a "centrifical" clutch. This is
an automatic clutch that works based on the speed of the engine.
A chainsaw uses one of these clutches and I modified its clutch to
work on a normal engine driving a kart - there should be no major
problems.

Some racing karts have no clutch so you shouldnt need to worry about
wrecking your rear axle or engine.

You could also get one of these "centrifical" clutches off a ordinary
kart and use it on your engine.
Best of Luck
-steve