[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Hi there from New Zealand!

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:14:15 IST 2006

Hi Steve,

Thanks  for the info. Here is the first of our 2 karts we designed and
modified here in Whangarei, New Zealand.  This  one  is  'Monsta'
with a 500cc Xr Honda engine, 5spd gearbox and no brakes.

Action  pics  and  pics  of  the  second  kart  are  to follow if your
interested or need them for your site!

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

If you want to temporairly attach the engine to the chassis while
setting up the transmission, I would advise "Clamping" the engine
using G-Cramps or G-Clamps or two vise-grips. When the belt or chain
transmission is ok and in line, then you can drill holes to bolt the
engine to the chassis. Make sure not to drill holes through the
actuall chassis tubing. Weld a lug or small piece of metal to the
frame, and drill through this lug to attach the engine.
There are some plans on the Off -Road kart section on the website.

For the gear stick, If you had access to a woodwork lathe, turn a
gearstick from a piece of hardwood.
You could also turn one from aluminimum bar, however it is more difficult.
Attach the seat what ever way you can. Decide whether you want to be
able to move the seat afterwards to suit different people of different
heights.

Best of Luck
-steve