[Kartbuilding] Fwd: (no subject)

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:19:15 IST 2006

Hi,
I actually dont have them pages written yet, and it will be a long
time yet before I get a chance.
If there are any specific questions, then email me and I will do my
best to answer them for you.
In relation to your current question, - how to put the belt on the
pulley without turning it.

Im taking it you are referring to the ability, to leave the engine
running, and with the movement of a lever, the kart will move.
In order to set this system up, a third pulley wheel must be used. A
third pulley wheel is mounted on a lever, that can move in and out
against the drive belt. In order to stop the kart, and leave the
engine running, the third pulley wheel on the lever can be moved away
from the belt, thus loosening the belt, and allowing the kart to stop.
In order to make the kart move, the third pulley wheel is moved
against the belt, putting tension on the belt, making the belt grip
the pulley wheels.

I hope you get the idea, somewhat. I would recommend, getting the kart
running without a clutch, i.e. direct drive, and then add in a third
pulley wheel allowing tension/ slackening of the belt.

Best of Luck
-steve