[Kartbuilding] Fwd: phil

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:20:04 IST 2006

Hi Phil,

You can use an engine with a horizontal drive shaft, however it is
very inefficient. The drive system will have to be using drive belts
and pulley wheels similar to the system in a car. (There are diagrams
etc. on my website under the wooden karts page)
A 5hp engine will be fine for people of 10 stone. I would approximate
speed to be around 40mph.
Best of Luck
-steve