[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Free Go-Kart Plans Safety Additions

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:31:24 IST 2006

Hi Dale,
I have got your emails ok.
I have already used that method for steering the basic wooden kart,
and I found that it is very difficult to get the steering working
effectively.
The steering arm needs to be attached very well to the main central
pivot or bolt. As a result I opted to leave this out of the kart, as
it would only complicate things further. The accelerator and brake
levers would have to be changed to foot pedals and such like.
In saying that it wouldnt be too much work, however I started the
basic wooden kart to be based around a typical push wooden kart.
If you want, you can do a drawing of it, and I will put it on my
website, however I will not change existing plans to suit.
Thanks for your input.
Best of Luck
-steve