[Kartbuilding] Arc Welders - Kart Chassis

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Fri Aug 31 21:33:12 IST 2007

Hi James,

A MIG welder will be easier to use, and will also be easier to weld thin
walled tubing. You will be able to get "mild steel tubing" (also known as
gunbarrel) with an O.D. (outside diameter) of 25mm with a wall thickness
of 3mm in any hardware store. You will also be able to get the tubing in a
local engineering works.

As for engine, the best ones are from a motorbike which have a manual
clutch and 3-4 gears. A 250cc motorbike engine will give a good top speed
and good off-road power with its gearbox.