[Kartbuilding] billy kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Mar 26 14:29:46 IST 2007

Hi,
It doesnt matter what shape the chassis is, AS LONG AS the rear axle is
parallel to the front axles. Also - the wheels must all be parallel - i.e.
pointing forwards, otherwise the kart wouldnt keep going in a straight
line. The worst thing that can happen with having the chassis out of
alignment is that 1. tire wear is drastically increased, and 2. you will
burn more energy/fuel driving the kart.
See this page for chassis designs:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/chassis_design_book_1.jpg
http://www.kartbuilding.net/chassis_design_book_2.jpg

As for sizes of wheels: as long as the two front wheels are the same
diameter, and the two rear wheels are the same diameter - it will be fine.

I never seen hard rubber roller bearings. Perhaps its just the rubber seal
at either side of the bearing that you are looking at. Either way, they
seem free, and nowadays bearings are sealed units, so at the very least
you should be able to built the kart and get it going using them bearings.

Apart from the info. above, all other details and information is on the
www.kartbuilding.net website.
If you have any further questions, just drop us an email.