[Kartbuilding] Greetings kart builder!

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Wed May 2 09:36:15 IST 2007

Hi Jared,

That centrifugal clutch on eBay looks ok. It seems to be the standard one
used on karts.
As for mounting, there are 2 parts to the centrifugal clutch:
1. Bell Shaped Housing with Sprocket Attached
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/DSC01107.JPG.html

2. Inner Clutch Shoes.
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/DSC01106.JPG.html

The Bell Shaped Housing spins freely on the Output shaft of the engine.
The Inner Shoes part is "keyed" and "bolted" to the Output shaft of the
engine to stop it coming loose. You can see the bolt hole to accept a
"grub screw" here:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/DSC01105.JPG.html
There is also a keyway/slot in the middle and a 5mm x 5mm x 50mm long key
will insert between the engine and the Inner Shoes part.

It will be very obvious once you have the physical clutch.
You will also have to make sure you have the correct chain to match the
sprocket that comes attached to the centrifugal clutch.

Best of luck with it and let us know how it goes. If you have any photos
etc. I can put them up on the www.kartbuilding.net website.

Rgds,
-steve