[Kartbuilding] Kart - information on kart engines

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu Nov 29 17:37:26 GMT 2007

Luis,

I dont have any SolidWorks models of kart engines myself. I suggest you go
to: www.3dcontentcentral.com and search for an engine there. I had a quick
look and there are some general engines there, however Im not sure how
much detail there is.

As for general information regarding horse power, cc and number of
cylinders on a kart engine, I suggest you have a read of:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/engines/engines.htm

Typically racing kart engines are two-stroke, single cylinder, 100cc with
a very high Kilowatt/Horsepower rating. These engines can operate at
speeds of 20,000rpm!

For engines used on karts in karting arenas, such as:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Commercial_Karts-Photos_and_Details/DSC02144.JPG.html
these tend to be typically single cylinder, four-stroke, 160cc with 5hp
with between 3500 and 5000rpm.

If you have any specific questions, just email me.