[Kartbuilding] Racing Kart Plan Solidworks Models

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Feb 18 23:12:55 GMT 2008

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the slow reply to your email.
Yes - the racing kart on http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/index.html
was not originally modelled in SolidWorks. The 2D drawings were all that
was done using SolidWorks. The racing kart was originally modelled in
Inventor 5.3. I have uploaded the zip file of the Inventor version of this
kart. You can download it from:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/3d_format_racing_kart/inventor/Racing_Kart_Inventor.zip
Unforunately although SolidWorks opens Inventor parts and assemblies, it
doesnt import the various design/feature tree history. You can download an
Inventor viewer at:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=10535296

There is an excellent version of a racing kart chassis modelled in
SolidWorks on my blog at:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/08/09/solidworks-cad-drawing-of-a-tony-kart-chassis/

I am also currently in the process of modelling the off-road kart (
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/plans.htm ) complete in SolidWorks.
It will be another few months before I get the time to complete the
assembly and drawings however.