[Kartbuilding] kart design

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu Jan 31 22:28:41 GMT 2008

Hi Joshua,

I did use SolidWorks to help design the kart. With the recent advances in
SolidWorks stress, weight and center of gravity analyses can now be
carried out. I initially used SolidWorks 2003 to produce the racing kart
plans. I have however nearly completed the off-road kart in SolidWorks
2008. I hope to have the completed plans completely done with animations
and stress analysis done in the next few months.

As far as SolidWorks goes, the base package will suffice for everything
needed to design the kart. You can find out more details and see how-to
movies on the solidworks website at:
http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/swofficepro/SWOfficePremium_VidVau_fore.html