[Kartbuilding] Question from article

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Wed Jul 16 13:19:21 IST 2008

Hi Darin,

Thanks for your email.
If you are making the chassis wider, you will only need to modify the
ackerman angle so that both steering arms point to the middle of the rear
axle. ( see
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Old_Racing_Kart/ackerman.htm )
As for the track rods, it does not matter if they get longer or whether
the steering-drop arm is in the middle. E.g.:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_12_Front_Steering_End.pdf

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions just
shout.