[Kartbuilding] Nice Karting website!

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Nov 23 23:26:52 GMT 2008

Hi Even,

Thanks for your email. I'm glad you found the SolidWorks designs useful.
There is a lot of work involved in designing up the kart in SolidWorks,
especially if you want to do it correctly and have cutting lists with
lengths of each item.

As for what tips of what to do in the design process:
Break everything down into as many sub-assemblies as possible.
Plan if you want to provide "Cut Lists" (having a table with the length of
each tube/pipe and flat piece of steel) and if so, use the Weldments
functionality in SolidWorks.

Some of the crosskarts on your website looks good. I'd say you would need
a very good engine to get 0-100km in 3 seconds! An engine with an
automatic gearbox would nearly be needed to get the gearing correct for
off-road performance.