[Kartbuilding] Hello, I need some assistance with building something =)

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu Mar 19 19:55:25 GMT 2009

Hi Diane,

Building a wooden car will be fun. I don't have plans on building a full
size wooden car. I done some googling and found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDa2O8xAsBM&NR=1
It might be useful.

Basically you want to build the chassis using wood or metal. Build a
simple ladder type wooden chassis.
Attach the front and rear axles. Turn the axles on a lathe and attach
wheels. Get a rolling chassis. If the front wheels on the car do not have
to turn, then its much easier, and just put in a single length of timber
turned on a lathe.

Once the chassis and wheels are attached, you will have to get thin 3mm
plywood, and bend it into an "n" shape and build up the outer skin of the
car.

Best of luck with it!

-steve