[Kartbuilding] basic wooden kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun May 24 15:10:09 IST 2009

Hi,

Yes the belt can wear a little. However in saying that, the drive belt was
4 Euros, so it was very cheap to replace.

Depending on whether your engine has a vertical or a horizontal drive
shaft, chains may work. If your engine has a vertical drive shaft, then
chains will not work.
If your engine has a horizontal drive shaft out the side of the engine,
then bicycle chains may work. I did not however have much luck with
bicycle chains. They kept coming off and breaking. The speed of the engine
was just too much for a bicycle chain (which is designed to move slowly).
Instead I got a chain off a small motorbike. This worked perfect.