[Kartbuilding] opinion??

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sun Sep 13 23:38:51 IST 2009

Hi Zarko,

Yes! An old crashed scooter motorcycle will have plenty of parts that
you can use for a kart. It will have an engine, 2 wheels, brakes, petrol
tank etc.
All you would need then is 2 more wheels (another crashed scooter
perhaps?) and pieces of metal to make the chassis.

Making the chassis will be your first step. You are going to have to get
old pieces of metal from somewhere. It doesn't have to be round pipe,
square tube will work also, and actually may be easier, as you can bolt
these sections of steel together to form the chassis.

To conclude, yes, you can make an entire kart from old spare parts.