[Kartbuilding] Off-road go kart questions

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sat Sep 26 22:57:27 IST 2009

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your email.

The reaons I have a clutch pedal on the kart, is because I use the engine
from a motorbike, which has a manual clutch. On a motorbike however the
clutch is operated by the left lever on the handlebar.

I also prefer having a manual clutch. It gave me plenty of practice
getting the cluch and acceleration correct. I had no problems when I
started driving a car!

Its up to yourself whether you use a clutch or not. It does depend on the
type of engine you are using and whether it has a manual or automatic
clutch.