[Kartbuilding] your mail

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Dec 29 16:53:31 GMT 2010

Hi Ali,

I don't have plans for a Kart Racing track. I take it you are building an
outdoor racing track? There is a lot of planning involved in the design,
having sharp corners, straight stretches and inclines. Typically the track
is built to suit the type of go-karts you will be racing. What is the top
speed of the karts? If the top speed is 40MPH, then you don't need many
straights segments. If the karts are very fast and powerful you will need
a larger track.

Your best bet would be to lookup websites of racing kart tracks. They will
have the tracks available. Here in Ireland a local kart track can be seen
at: http://www.pallaskarting.com/tracks.html

Hope this helps. Best of luck,
-steve