[Kartbuilding] pully system

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Jun 8 00:01:09 IST 2010

Hi Dom.

You could certainly try and use the drive transfer box off the
self-propelled lawnmower. I successfully used the differential off a
self-propelled lawnmower and it worked fine. What did break it on me was
sharp acceleration I had due to the centrifugal clutch I was using at
the time. I also found it difficult, but workable to select a number of
pipes/tubes to build up and connect in the different size axles.
See:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/?g2_page=7
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/DSC01053.JPG.html

So my thoughts would be to use the self-propelled pully system and see
how it goes.
If you get it working, it would be great if you could email me on a
picture or two.