[Kartbuilding] Thanks

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Jul 27 21:51:59 IST 2011

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the photos of the go-kart. The blocks on the front steering
makes things a little safer in not being able to oversteer and catch the
front wheels.

The wheels, are actually proper old spoked "pram wheels". They look to be
solid however, so it might make for a bumpy ride. I used similar solid
wheels on my first wooden go-kart, however that was just for the push
go-kart. For the engine powered wooden go-kart I had spoked wheels with
pneumatic tyres.

The seat should work good. It might be a good idea to put sides on the
chair and use foam covering, so the driver doesn't come off to one side.
See: http://kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/seat.htm

Let us know how it goes and if you take some more photos I'll put them all
up on the kartbuilding gallery together.