[Kartbuilding] Regarding power transmission

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu Dec 13 21:46:25 GMT 2012

Hi Anbu,

I don't have 3D CAD Models for a centrifugal clutch and chain drive.
You may be able to download a centrifugal clutch from:
http://grabcad.com/library?per_page=20&query=centrifugal+clutch

The advantages of this clutch are:
1. It is automatic. No clutch pedal is required. Once the throttle is
increased, the kart will take off.
2. It is simple to setup. No jack-shafts or intermediate shafts are
required. Just the engine, clutch, chain, rear axle and sprocket.