[Kartbuilding] New Infographic - Two Strokes vs Four Strokes

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Feb 22 21:00:42 GMT 2012

Hi Aldo,

Thanks for the email. Its a well put together visual chart comparison
between a two-stroke and a four-stroke engine ( at
http://www.motocrossgear.com/bikes/faceoff-two-strokes-vs-four-strokes/ ).
I'm a fan myself of two-stroke engines from motorbikes, for use on karts.

In the Racing section of your chart, I noted the following:
"AMA rules give the advantage to 4-stroke engines in official
competition by mandating that 250cc 2-stroke engines compete against
4-stroke engines with 450cc."
It looks as if that is still giving the advantage to the 2-stroke engines.