[Kartbuilding] Go-Kart Dimensions

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Tue Jan 31 19:28:36 GMT 2012

Hi Joe,

A few things I'd recommend:

1. Get some chalk and draw out the chassis to full scale on the ground /
tarmac. Then sit down on the ground and see how the chassis suits and if
it is big enough for you and your friends.

2. Apart from the dimensions, I was wondering whether ye are planning on
making the chassis out of wood or metal?
If its to be made out of wood, I would wonder how you are going to do the
"joint" where the two rear pieces meet the main center piece?
If you were using strong plywood, it would be ok as you could glue/bolt
layers of plywood together.
I'm not sure if it would be better to continue the main center piece right
from the front to the rear of the kart and then have the two side rear
arms. The main center will take most of the weight.

Overall the size and shape looks ok. Just make sure you plan and think
ahead enough.