[Kartbuilding] (no subject)

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Sun Nov 18 18:13:40 GMT 2012

Hi,

The steering setup on the Wooden kart is not suitable for high speed. It
would do around 25 miles per hour.
If you wanted to go faster, you would have to change the front steering
end. You would need a solid front axle with pivoting front wheels, a
track rod and a steering wheel.

For doing all this, you would be better building a metal chassis and
making a complete kart such as:
http://kartbuilding.net/racingkart/index.html
or
http://kartbuilding.net/Freeplans/plans.htm

Typically most people start off making the wooden go-kart with an
engine, get a taste for things, and then build a metal go-kart with
bigger wheels and a bigger engine.