[Kartbuilding] Complete Set of Free Racing Kart Plans.

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Wed Sep 26 19:05:13 IST 2012

Hi Rakesh,

A 10HP engine should be very good.
For that power, you ideally need a torque converter or a gearbox to get
the most out of that engine.

As for the differential, it depends on where you hope to drive the kart.
If its in an off-road / general purpose, then it would be better with a
differential.
If its just for racing on a track then you can do without the differential.

Where possible I try and use a differential, however they can be very
heavy, difficult to setup and complicate the rear axle setup.

Let us know if you have any other questions.