[Kartbuilding] Steering

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Tue Jul 23 23:11:18 IST 2013

Hi Bob,

The following two images show how the kart steers:

1.
http://kartbuilding.net/Wooden-Push-Cart/JPG_wooden_push_cart/Sheet-8_Bonnet-Assembly-1.jpg
2.
http://kartbuilding.net/Wooden-Push-Cart/JPG_wooden_push_cart/Sheet-6_Lower-Chassis-Assembly-2.jpg

In 1. above, when the steering wheel is turned, the bent steering column
moves from right to left (approximately). This steering column end then
goes in through the loops in the track rods.

It does take a little bit of figuring out. I hope the above helps.