[Kartbuilding] steering calculations

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Tue Oct 1 21:45:35 IST 2013

Hi,

You may need to make a prototype and test the steering setup yourself.
It can be difficult to get it right first time. It took me 2-3 go-karts
before I got things correct.

You learn after each build. There are no magic calculations as they
depend on wheel diameter, width, weight on the front of the kart etc.
I suggest you build it and find out. You can always modify the front
steering if it is not handling as you require.