[Kartbuilding] Electric kart fabrication

Stephen Burke stephen at sburke.eu
Sun Jan 5 23:28:05 GMT 2014

Hi Anand,

On go-karts with gas engines, they use a "torque converter". See:
http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gominiclutch/gominiclutchtorq.html

However for an electric motor, I'm not sure. Perhaps you could simply
use the same setup. It would be worth a try.

SS202 should be fine. Its stainless, is pretty costly and more difficult
to weld with. I just used mild steel on my karts.