[Kartbuilding] Finally!!!!

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:44:44 IST 2006

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the comments.
As for building a pipe bender - well I had thought about this myself. If
you got a hydraulic "bottle" jack - you'd have the key element there. The
other key elements are the formers. If you knew someone who had a
woodworking lathe - then you could turn the formers out of oak/ask or
teak. You might have to either make a few spare formers incase they get
damaged, or wrap a steel band around the wooden wheel.

Once you have the formers and the bottle jack - its just a case of making
up a frame. Oh ya - you'll need a flame/oxy-acetelene torch to heat the
steel tubing before you attempt to go bending it.

P.S. if you do make it - send on a photo/details etc. and I'll put it up
on the site.