[Kartbuilding] Fwd: hi im making a little wooden go cart

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:57:01 IST 2006

Hi,

The steering wheel is tough to get working on the wooden kart. You can try
and attach a bar with a steering wheel at the end of it, to the large bolt
joining the steering arm to the main chassis.
See Drg No. 11 in the link below:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/other_karts/other_wooden_kart/other_wooden_kart.html
You wont be able to bend or angle this steering column - it will have to
be coming up vertical/straight.

The only other option is to take the front steering from a pedal cart or a
pedal tractor etc.

As for the pedals - there is not much to them - see
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Old_Racing_Kart/pedals.htm
Just tie the brake/accelerator cable to the tops of the pedals. Attach the
pedals so they can rotate forward/backwards, and it will pull the cable.
To quote the above page: "The outer sheathing, covering of the cable MUST
be secured stationary to the chassis, so that in effect the pedal will
pull the inner cable out of the sheathing/covering."

Best of Luck,
Steve