[Kartbuilding] Fwd: [Fwd: Re: (no subject)]

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:12:41 IST 2006

Hi,
Depending on the engine you have, it may be very difficult to have it
speeding up and slowing down.
What you will have to do is to look at the carburatter. This is ususally
attahched to the air filter. The air filter may have to come off and you
should be able to get a look at the carburratter underneath. You will have
to find a flap/ valve that allows in the petrol vapour. This flat/ valve
is usually pivoted on a small axle/ bar and can rotate on it, either
opening up or closing itself off. There may be a small lever that can be
operated via a small cable off a bycycle etc. that you can connect up to
move this lever. Fail that do a search on the internet for the make and
model of your engine and find out more about the engine.
Best of Luck
-steve

> Hi im adam ive been checking out your site for a few days now i find it
> very
> useful / good to look at.
>
> I was wondering, because i cant get sense out of anyone elsewhere. Can you
> help me:
>
> I can use either a lawnmower engine (vertical) or Shredder (horizontal)
> engine for a kart i'm buiding and im not sure how to set it up with pedals
> like
> Accelerator etc and how to keep the engine ticking over while the kart is
> stopped. I am only 14 if i sound dumb but im making the kart with my
> friend and my
> dad and neither have any idea about engines - i have a rough idea but im
> no
> mechanic :D  I just want to know if you have any idea or what i'd need to
> get the
> Engine to go when i press a pedal , not all the time.
>
> Thankyou very much we can't wait to hear from you!
>
> ADAM, STEVE AND  THE DAD    :D

Hi,
Yes, do send on more photos of your karts, and I will put them on my
website :-)
I done the exact same with the diff myself on my earlier karts. If will
work fairly ok with a solid rear axle for your future builds. The steering
needs to be ok however for the solid rear axle to work fully.
You will have loads more fun with your new engine.
Keep up the good kartbuilding.
Best of Luck
Send on them photos if you can.
-steve