[Kartbuilding] Fwd: drawing request

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:12:14 IST 2006

Hi Lads,

You can work away with the plans of the racing kart which I have modelled.
Here is the Info:

The racing kart was originally modelled in Autodesk Inventor. I exported
it from this program to SolidWorks, and also as a 3Ds (3d studio file).
The links are as follows:

http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Kart_Solidworks.zip
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Main_Kart_Good.3DS

The kart in Solidworks as above will be in surfaces however and you may
not be able to get the components working nicely as a mechanism.

In Autodesk Inventor I tried mating the steering arms and track rods
correctly, however it proved very very difficult. I would be most
interested in seeing yourselves attempt this.

If you require the Autodesk Inventor Files of the racing kart - drop me an
email and I will get the originals - however it was version 5.3 of
Inventor in which they were drawn in.

I have looked at NX and it seems a very powerful package. I myself have
progressed on from Inventor to SolidWorks and Pro-E Wildfire which are
excellent easy to use packages.

If you use the above models - I would be very interested in recieving a
copy of your project.

Best of Luck - if you need the Inventor files - let me know.
-steve