[Kartbuilding] Fwd: concerning consulting

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:31:28 IST 2006

Blum,

If you can wait until the end of November/ first week of December,
then I will have the time to design you a chassis.
What info I would require is:
Sizes of your wheels, diameter and width and hub design.
Brakes - disc & calliper - hydraulic?
Sizes of petrol tank you hope to use?
Whether you want metal bumpers or whether you want to use tough plastic ones?
What size engine and stuff? Have you an engine in mind, or are you
going to use a twin general purpose engine approach?
Ground clearance and your track design.

Basically Im of the opinion that you need to source suppliers for all
these parts: brakes, wheels & hubs, petrol tanks, engines, steering
wheels, seats.

A chassis and the assocaited mounting points can then be made to suit.

If I were to proceed to design a typical type racing kart, similar to
what are used, it would be up to you to source suitable parts etc. to
suit the chassis.

To be honest, there is very little in designing and making the
chassis, its getting all the pieces to fit and attach correctly onto
the chassis.

If you are looking into making racing karts cheap, then you will have
to look into sourcing these parts cheaply. E.g. use the front brake
system and disc off a small motorbike.
It might be a better option for you to purchase some second hand and
crashed karts and repair them?

See what you think. I wont be free to draw any plans until week1 in
december. If I were to draw out a kart complete with parts, I would be
looking at a price fee of $250 and that would be prioviding that I was
given broad sizes of the kart, with sizes of wheels, seat and engine.

Rgds,
Stephen