[Kartbuilding] Fwd:

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:35:49 IST 2006

Hi,

You shouldnt need a differential if your chassis and steering geometry
is done correctly. The camber and caster angle in the steering will
lift and flex the chassis allowing the inside wheel to slip a little
when going around a corner.

You can try only driving one of the back wheels if you want - so on
your live rear axle, only have 1 wheel welded/ atached to the rear
axle. The other rear wheel can spin on bearings. This will make your
kart turn no problems - but the steering will be too sensitive then.

You can try and get a differential out of a car if you wanted either
and try and weld it into place.

I dont use a differential and just attach both rear wheels to the live
axle. Because I have the steering and the chassis setup correctly I do
not have any problems.
Best of Luck
-steve