[Kartbuilding] Fwd: kart

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:37:30 IST 2006

Hi,

There is a special V groove in chainsaw sprockets and these are
incompatible with chains used to drive vehicles.
I suggest you cut open the case of your engine exposing the clutch and
drive shaft and simply weld on a sprocket off a motorbike. If you plan
on using bycycle sprockets beware that they wont work - the chain will
always keep coming off due to the speeds. On a bycycle teh chain goes
slow - the same chain on an engine will fly off.
Rgds,
Stephen