[Kartbuilding] Fwd: where?? materials.

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:00:50 IST 2006

Hi Bryan,

The best place to get steel piping is from a builders providers. They
should have stacks of different sizing tubing. You can go for 3/4"
(20mm) diameter rather than 1" (25mm) cause its cheaper. Also try
pricing the tubing at an engineering works or envineering company that
may make gates etc. locally. I got a engineering works to cut and weld
up my chassis for a very low price - this was also critical as I did
not know how to weld at that time.
Expect to pay 30 pounds for the metal tubing.
Feel free to drop me an email if you have any other difficulties.
Best of Luck

On 7/24/05, Bryan Larkin wrote:
> Hi,
> I've looked at the racing kart and im really interested too make one myself,
> but could you point me in to the right direction for the chassis piping,at
> the lowest cost possible?
> If its ok with you could I keep in touch with you throughout the project for
> advice,if so thanks!
> many thanks,
> Bryan

More information about the Kartbuilding mailing list