[Kartbuilding] Fwd: help with go cart

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:02:40 IST 2006

Hi,
I think you should just get a simple centrifical clutch and rev up the
engine. You will need a gear ratio of 5:1 to work well with rear
wheels of diameter 12 inches.
Thats all the advise I can give you.
Best of Luck
-steve

this is ken again about the go cart.  we have decided no tto get the 10 hr
engine.  we are going to modify the 5 hr we have.  it is belt driven though
and has a clutch.  we would like to no what we can do to get htis thing
really moving , the cart is a pretty small body so we think we could get
some speed out of it.  suggestions would be great, righ tnow we haven't
spent a dime so we could be soem used parts to add on or change things if we
needed too.  thanks again