[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Go Cart

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:06:20 IST 2006

Hi Drew,

Cheers for the comments. If only I had more free time I could make
that website into something so much better in terms of research and
solutions.
Definately a 10hp Briggs and Straton engine is a power monster and
yes, your biggest problem will be getting all that power to the rear
wheels without looseing it all in loose chains etc.
It all depends on your application of the kart:
If its for off-road use - then  you will have to see about getting a gearbox
If its for racing, then you wont want the hassle and time of changing
gears and a proper centrifical clutch would be the way to go (as
racing karts work this way). Racing karts need a little push to get
them going so they wont burn out the automatic clutch as much.
It all depends on the weight of the kart also.

Best of Luck
-steve