[Kartbuilding] Fwd: Ratio problem

Stephen Burke kartbuilding at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:10:42 IST 2006

Hi Daniel,

To make the kart go faster you can either:
1.)  Have bigger wheels on the rear axle.
2.) Have a low ratio, e.g. 1:4

If you want the kart low to the ground, then keep small wheels and
instead reduce the gear ratio to about 1:4, i.e. 10 teeth on the
engine, and 40 teeth on the rear axle.
I hope this clarifies what you wanted to know.
Best of Luck
-steve

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:08:17 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time), Daniel