[Kartbuilding] your mail

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Aug 6 17:01:28 IST 2007

Hi,

That 100cc 15bhp two-stroke engine is ideal for a gokart! There is loads
of interesting stuff to learn when making a kart and can open up new ideas
and ways of solving problems.
As regards chassis design, there is some theory which can be found at:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/chassis_design_book_1.jpg
http://www.kartbuilding.net/chassis_design_book_2.jpg

As regards the steering mechanism, I suggest you read:
http://blog.kartbuilding.net/2007/07/12/steering-geometry-and-setup-for-go-karts/
http://www.kartbuilding.net/The_NatSKA_Guide_to_Karts_and_Karting/The_NatSKA_Guide_to_Karts_and_Karting_Cover_P34_P35.pdf

Those pages will provide you with excellent background in these areas.
Plans for a typical chassis can steering setup can be found at:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_03_Chassis.pdf
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Main_Kart_Complete_04_Front_Stub_Axles_and_KingPins.pdf

If you have any specific questions, just let us know.
Feel free to email on any photos of the completed kart and/or gokart
build.