[Kartbuilding] kart designs?

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Feb 5 23:27:41 GMT 2007

Hi Feichin,

Off-hand I dont know any good or flashy designs for a pedal go-kart. There
was a fairly innovative drive/pedal mechanism I seen before on a kart -
where instead of using sprockets and a chain to drive the kart - a set of
2 levers/pedals and direct linkages can be used to turn the rear axle and
pedal the kart forward. There is more on this linkage drve discussed here:
http://lists.kartbuilding.net/2006-December/000307.html

As for any ideas etc - well Im not sure how much work would have to be put
into your FYP. There are a lot of avenues you could go into for your
write-up including: differential and rear axle drive, steering setup, 3
wheels versus 4 wheels etc. etc. All I can say is to do some more looking
on the internet. The links to wooden karts and setups on the
www.kartbuilding.net website are:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/Wooden_Go-Kart_Plans/index.html
http://www.kartbuilding.net/woodenkart/index.html
http://www.kartbuilding.net/other_karts/other_wooden_kart/other_wooden_kart.html