[Kartbuilding] 1100cc

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Jan 2 09:53:43 GMT 2007

Hi,

I was thinking after I sent you the first email, and 2" tubing did sound
excessive. 1.4" should do fine as long as the span isn't too great. If the
suzuki GSX-R 750cc is lighter than the 1100cc engine - great that is
definately better to go with.

I didnt recieve the picture of the above engine with sprockets in the last
email you sent me. 16 teeth on the engine and 48 teeth on the rear axle
gives a ratio of 3:1 and this combined with the smaller kart wheels should
give you plenty of acceleration. Note that if your kart wheels are 1/2 the
size of the motorbike wheels - you will only go 1/2 as fast at top speed.

As for images you can use during fabrication, perhaps look through the
kartbuilding gallery of kart parts at:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/gallery/v/Kart_Clearance_and_Memories/

Please email on the photos of the engine and kart and I will put them on
the www.kartbuilding.net website under your name. If you send the step by
step photos I can do a separate dedicated page to show your kartbuilding.