[Kartbuilding] Just a quick note on your engines page

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Jan 23 20:00:11 GMT 2007

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for emailing me about that. I dont know how I managed to slip up on
that. I was always of the mindset that with a 4 stroke engine, in a car,
there are 4 pistons providing power every rev. BUT - as you pointed out -
its strokes, and not revolutions!

So yes - a two-stroke engine has a power stroke every rev. And in a
four-stroke engine, there is a power stroke every 2 revs of the
crankshaft.

I will ammend the website and put an acknowledgement.

Thank you for your interest and comments. If you spot any further pieces,
or whether you would like to add a piece etc. feel free to email it on.

Best Regards,
Steve