[Kartbuilding] Steel type

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Fri Jun 29 12:10:45 IST 2007

Hi,

Im glad you found the information about the type of steel used helpful.

As for wheels on a Go-Kart. I personally used wheel barrow wheels on my
off-road kart, because I got them for free!
If I was going to buy wheels for the kart, I would look for wheels and
hubs from a small trailer and/or caravan, similar to the ones on ebay at:
http://motors.listings.ebay.co.uk/Touring-Travel_Car-Trailers_W0QQfclZ3QQfromZR11QQsacatZ121982QQsocmdZListingItemList

There are loads of types of wheels and hubs, but I would prefer the hub to
be metal and have bearings which will be very useful for the frontwheels
on the kart.