[Kartbuilding] Steel type

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Thu Jun 28 23:17:33 IST 2007

Hi,

Im glad you have a keen interest in mechanics and kartbuilding. Its an
excellent and fulfilling hobby.

Anyways, onto your question:
Mild Steel (plain carbon steel) is used throughout for building the
Go-Kart. As for the DIN standard etc. the following webpage has some
information on "Welded Steel Tube" which would be used on Go-Karts:
http://www.mertl.com/liste/ll_lg.htm?SPRACHE=E
Actually, DIN 2458 is mentioned on that page. You will have to check this
out yourself.

I hope you find this information useful. If you have any further questions
etc. drop us an email.