[Kartbuilding] Go kart Builing question?

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Mon Mar 12 09:38:04 GMT 2007

Hi,

Well - the motorbike engine I used had 4 gears and was a 100cc engine - so
ya, 45-50mph was what I got. Again - I could have tweaked that to go
faster by changing the gear ratio of the sprockets.

Im of the opinion - that if the racing kart is build solidly enough and
handles well - the speed can be taken up to 60-70 if the driver is
willing.

I made up a PDF drawing of the Modified Clutch Pedal. It is included in
the racing kart plans on:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/
and specifically is located at:
http://www.kartbuilding.net/racingkart/Free_Racing_Kart_Plans_PDF/Modified_Clutch_Pedal.pdf