[Kartbuilding] Hey

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Tue Mar 20 09:08:34 GMT 2007

Hi,

In relation to your first question regarding the 1-N-2-3-4-5 gears, it is
quite simple, when moving the lever/gear change from 1st to 2nd:
Think of it as a half shift between 1st and 2nd gear. In order to get into
neutral (which is harder than you think) - you have to drop to first
(while keeping the clutch disengaged), and then move the gear change 1/2
up. In other words it would be like:
1-1/2-2-3-4-5

Moving from 1st to 2nd is very seamless and you would forget Neutral is
even there!

As for your other question relating to motorcycle jumkyards and getting
parts - well eBay is your next option. I have heard of a few people buying
motorcycle engines and parts there. Look around there for the cheapest
bits and pieces. While it may not be as cheap as getting the parts from a
second hand junkyard etc. it's your next option.