[Kartbuilding] FW: about the kart

Stephen Burke sburke at burkesys.com
Sat Dec 6 18:42:29 GMT 2008

Hi Tarek,

I found an old email about kart building from you to one of my old unused
email addresses. You should use the email address "kartbuilding (at)
gmail.com". Anyways, in relation to the questions you had.
With the 100cc GP Suzuki engine, the kart could reach 50mph (miles per
hour), depending on the road and weather conditions. It would take a long
stretch of road to build up that speed, and would take 20-30 seconds.

As for disc brakes on the front and rear wheels. Yes - if I was building a
go-kart again, I would put disc brakes on the front wheels. I found that
my kart would spin out of control sometimes just by using the rear brakes.
The stopping speed would be greatly reduced with front brakes.

I would be careful getting the largest bike engine for a kart. A
physically large/big engine does not mean that it would be faster.
Two-stroke 250cc motorbike engines are very suited to karts. Also with a
very large engine, it can get heavy very quickly and require a lot of
electrics.